30.9.09

pumpkin cupcakes


everyone needs a fall treat once in awhile-adapted from real simple
pumpkin cupcakes

1 yellow cake mix (although i think spice cake may have been better)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 15 oz can pumpkin
24 pieces of candy corn

cream cheese frosting (i have no recipe-just mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, a little butter until it seems right)

mix up cake mix like directions say except-no oil & only 1/3 cup water, mix in pumpkin and spice-then cook them up.
frost after cooled or don't frost-or put chocolate chips in them-
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Arlene said...

I'm going to make these for my VT girls and call them Conference Cupcakes and drop them off Sunday morning. I can't wait to smell them baking! Thanks!

Arlene said...

MmMMmm!! I happened to have a spice cake mix so I used it. They are so good and easy! And I have leftover pumpkin for pancakes! :)

@udj said...

sweet. glad it turned out. we are making them today.
and don't forget to get a pumpkin bagel with pumpkin cream cheese from einstein's. five and i just finished our last one for breakfast this morning.